Sunday, October 2, 2011

Melissa McCarthy- One of the few stars I'd buy vodka and tonic for

Move over skinny ass female comedians; Melissa McCarthy is finally getting noticed...in a good way. Heavy set, loud female actresses are the "in" thing right now and that's why I am currently eating a roll of Toll House cookie dough and listening to "Big Girls Don't Cry"by Fergie. On deadline.com there is an article about Melissa upping the SNL ratings from last week when Alec Baldwin hosted.

Today will officially be known as the day Melissa McCarthy finally is noticed. Her winning an Emmy doesn't count for getting noticed. It is not until they are mentioned in my blog that someone is officially noticed and recognized.

So why today verse any of the other days is Melissa being recognized? Well lets just say it's because I hung out with her today. Yup that's right. It was me, Mr. Ted (a.k.a. the best teddy bear ever that sits next to me on my bed) and Melissa, who was in my television but I still consider it hanging out with her.

Anyways, today I watched Bridesmaids for the first time. Then I watched the SNL show that aired last night because I was busy reading The Great Gatsby and not taking body shots off an Indian belly dancer at some random bar in downtown Hollywood. After getting a heavy dose of the M I realized that this is one actress who ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Remember her in Gilmore Girls? Ok, first of all do you remember the show Gilmore Girls? It was the show mothers loved to watch with their daughters and a show that made me wish I was able to get with every guy Rory Gilmore hooked up with. Melissa rocked the role of Sookie who was a nervous break down of a chef. For the longest time I thought Melissa was actually a chef. I was either young and naive or she was one damn good of an actress. Now I realized she was just one damn good of an actress.

Since then Melissa has been to two television shows, one of them being Mike and Molly in which she won the Emmy award for. But I'll be honest, I have never seen that show. I know what you are thinking; here I am ranting about how awesome of an actress Melissa really is and I haven't even seen her hit show. But you know what, at least I was honest with you and one day you, as my reader, will respect how I am an honest person and not one of those people who acts like they have seen ever freaken television show ever made. Yeah, you know those people? Well, I'm not one of them nor do I intend to be. Shall we move on now?

In the movie Bridesmaids Melissa never broke character. During that whole movie I completely forgot that I was watching the Emmy award winning actress. Multiple times Kristen Wig was just playing herself and not the role of Annie that she was given. Did you watch Melissa on SNL this week? If not go watch her and you will notice she has her lines memorized. Yup. She was one of the rare people on SNL who didn't have to awkwardly look to the left of the camera to read cue cards. Because of that I think SNL should hire her full time and then hire me full time for coming up with the idea.

So no wonder the ratings soared this week on SNL and beat all the other premiers that continued to spiral downward. If you look back at all the work that she has done you will find that she is one talented comedian/ actress and that is why I hope she pops out of my television set one day so I can buy her a well deserved vodka and tonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment